The metafor Package: A Meta-Analysis Package for R
The metafor package is a free and open-source add-on for conducting meta-analyses with the statistical software environment R. The package consists of a collection of functions that allow the user to calculate various effect size or outcome measures, fit fixed-, random-, and mixed-effects models to such data, carry out moderator and meta-regression analyses, and create various types of meta-analytical plots.
On this website, you can find:
- some news concerning the package and/or its development,
- a more detailed description of the package features,
- a log of the package updates that have been made over the years,
- a to-do list and a description of planned features to be implemented in the future,
- information on how to download and install the package,
- information on how to obtain documentation and help with using the package,
- some analysis examples that illustrate various models, methods, and techniques,
- a little showcase of plots and figures that can be created with the package,
- some tips and notes that may be useful when working with the package,
- a list of people that have in some shape or form contributed to the development of the package,
- a frequently asked questions section, and
- some links to other websites related to software for meta-analysis.
The metafor package was written by Wolfgang Viechtbauer. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License Version 2. For citation info, type
citation(package='metafor') in R. To report any issues or bugs, please go here.