- Click “Download” in the navigation bar of the CNSA homepage to enter the data download page.
- You can directly click “FTP” on the page to enter CNSA FTP, select the required file, and click to download.
Aspera command line download
Instructions for downloading using Aspera command line under Linux system:
- Click Aspera Connect to download the installation software under the linux system.
- Unzip the downloaded software, for example: tar -zxvf ibm-aspera-connect-220.127.116.11-linux-g2.12-64.tar.gz
- Install the decompressed software, for example: sh ibm-aspera-connect-18.104.22.168-linux-g2.12-64.sh
- You can download files via the Aspera command line using the following command:
[path/to/ascp/] -i [path/to/key/file] -P33001 -T -k1 -l100m firstname.lastname@example.org:/[path/to/files to download] [path/to/store/downloaded files]
[path/to/ascp/] is the execution program of ascp, and its path is: /home/[user]/.aspera/connect/bin/ascp
[path/to/key/file] must be the absolute path of the key file. For example: /home/keys/aspera.openssh
Get the key file
[path/to/files to download] is the path of the file to be downloaded. Please enter CNSA FTP, copy the data address on the browser you want to download, and delete “https://ftp.cngb.org”. The rest of the path is the file path to be downloaded that needs to be filled in the command line. For example: if you want to download the files under this directory (https://ftp.cngb.org/pub/CNSA/data1/CNP0000007/CNS0000004/CNX0000010/CNR0048164/) on FTP, delete “https://ftp.cngb.org/” in the directory, the rest of the path is: /pub/CNSA/data1/CNP0000007/CNS0000004/CNX0000010/CNR0048164/, which is the [path/to/files to download] that you need to fill in the command line.
[path/to/store/downloaded files] is the path where the downloaded files are stored. For example: /home/[user]/download/